Friday, September 28, 2012

Seven Sales....

On Sept 20th, 2012 - I made my first sale from my best friend Rene. It was symbolic for me that she have the honor because she's also going to be with me way in the future when I'm on my 10,000th sale (or whatever number). Okay, so she'll be by my side when I'm making enough money I can hop on any plane and go anywhere - type of symbolism. In the past couple of days I was at three sales and then today for grins and giggles I found I was at 7 sales! SEVEN!

I'm posting this because I know in the future I'm going to look back at this and laugh. The important thing I'm remembering is that before I started I was at ZERO sales. There's only one way to go... UP!

Keep that in mind folks. Don't give up, no matter where you get snagged along the way. You are a WRITER... first and foremost. Don't worry too much about the editing or formatting. WRITE. Get it down, make it real. Once you're done writing - then figure out the formatting/editing part or get someone else to worry about it. You don't have to be perfect to tell a story... you just have to share what's on your mind and heart. Someone out there will like what you write. That's all that matters.

I'm still working on Smashwords - to get my book out to the many formats. My time is limited and getting it just right is critical. Thankfully I found a video on Youtube that shows me how to format my document: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXRyMxF5kVI&feature=bf_next&list=ULGTnZxlPae_4   WATCH IT - Get over this hurdle and make your book available to the world. YOU MUST. I'll let you know when I do.

Steven Wolff
www.amazon.com/author/stevenwolff

No comments:

Post a Comment