Monday, September 24, 2012

Take my advice before you even begin writing your book...

Okay - I overcame my problem and figured out how to do page breaks, etc and I'm happy to report that my book is now live for sale on Amazon.com (Got Ghosts?). What I've learned over the past week is that formatting is so critical even before you start your book. Yes it's important to be able to write what ever it is you want to say but I could have saved me a whole bunch of time by following these steps...

One - Go to this website called Smashwords.com. It's a website dedicated to us independent authors who don't have any of the big six publishing companies behind us. Smashwords will publish your e-book in multiple formats (Kindle, Nook, Sony, Apple Ipad, etc) AND will help with getting you exposure... BUT...there's a condition.

Two - You Have To Format It How They Tell You. Clicking this link will take you to a FREE ebook that will SHOW YOU STEP BY STEP what you have to do. It's incredibly easy and I wish I had found this before I banged my head on the desk several hundred times. Basically - they show you how to setup your MS Word Document so that once you submit it to them - it will do the rest of the work for you.

So - if you're like me - wanting to be an independent author and want others to read your book, it's more than just writing that you have to do. Read this ebook (remember it's free) and there's no hoops to jump through. Do as it says and then write to your hearts content.

I learned the hard way but I still learned nonetheless. I'm a lot more wiser and now I'm moving forward with the lesson burned in my mind. Hope this helps!

Steven W.
www.amazon.com/author/stevenwolff

No comments:

Post a Comment