Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Beginnings...

Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over and things are quieting down for another year, I'm actually looking forward to 2015 with a very positive and hopeful feeling. I'm excited to be adding the ability for people to buy books directly from my website via Paypal and early reports from people who are reading my book are very promising. It's going to take time for my book Self-Aware (A Zombie Series WIth A Fresh Twist!) to take off and who knows... maybe i'll get lucky and it'll become a best seller?

They say that being an writer/author is not a sprint, it's a marathon... that it's not what happens in just a few days or a few months that determines your success... it's what you do over the long term. Write, edit, publish and repeat... over and over. People will find you, people will talk and before you know it ~ it'll snowball. For now, keep doing what I have been doing since 2009.

My goal for this year is to finish book two of Self-Aware (Revenge Of The Fallen) by Christmas 2015. That means I need to get on the ball soon (And I will.) Anica Storm (my first fantasy novel) will have to wait until book 2 is done (unless some how I can write two books at the same time.) Who knows?

2015 promises to be a better year on so many levels. I can't help what the rest of the world does, but I can help what I do as far as writing quality content, making it available for my readers, and being there for my fans. Without you, no one would enjoy my books and all this would have been for nothing. Yet, you guys are enjoying them and having a blast and that makes me so happy. My goal is to someday make enough to quit my day job and stay home full time - writing. I'm not there yet, but I'm one step closer thanks to you.

I wish you guys great success and fortune on your adventures and whatever you are striving to do. I hope the world comes together this year and realize that time on this planet is very short. No one is promised tomorrow, so let's make the best of today. On that sappy note, I'll say Happy New Year and end this post.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment